Mergers & Acquisitions
Scale Finance offers uniquely cost-effective advisory support for mergers and acquisitions (M&A) including company or division sales, sales of assets in Chapter 11 Bankruptcy (Section 363), recapitalizations, valuation or fairness opinions, and support in executing acquisitions for growth companies.
Importantly, Scale Finance professional’s experience spans all angles of M&A transactions:
- Corporate/Strategic Buyer
- Investment Banker/Advisor
- Chief Financial Officer
- Transaction Attorney
Scale Finance drives professional, robust, and vigorously managed processes to get the best possible results in today’s M&A market.Allow us to provide a confidential, professional perspective on your company’s situation.
- In-house CFO and Senior Controller professionals to efficiently and expertly handle financial forecasting, modeling, performance analysis, and due diligence requirements
- Focus on institutional financial buyers and strategic/corporate buyers – roles that we know intimately from having been there ourselves
- Comprehensive, research-based approach to address all logical, prospective buyers (or sellers)
- Deep understanding of our client needs and the right fit with the optimal financial and strategic buyers
- Rigorous process and project management based on experience with more than 75 transactions historically
- In-house legal professional support to efficiently leverage client’s outside transaction attorney
- Our Firm’s focus on the unique environments and needs of smaller companies with enterprise values typically under $25 million (and how to maximize “strategic value” with buyers).
Closed M & A Transactions:
- The Education Center, Inc. – sale of company assets for $6.8M (pursuant to Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code) to Park Street, LLC. National educational media company serving pre-school and elementary school teachers with both print and digital products
- Acken Signs, Inc. - company sale to MC Sign Company. National manufacturer and installation services provider of commercial signs
- GeoDigital International, Inc. - acquisition of Airborne 1 Corporation to create world leader in imaging technology for engineering surveys and right-of-way corridor mapping for the electric utility, pipeline, telecom, and transportation infrastructure industries
- Peak Fitness, Inc. – company sale of assets to Fuzion Investment Capital. Regional chain of consumer fitness facilities (Ch. 11, Section 363 process)
- Innovative Solar Solutions – acquisition of Conergy’s Solar Water Pumping Division. Manufacturing and marketing of solar water pumps and power panels for developing countries and other off-grid applications
- Fullscope, Inc. – company sale to Edgewater Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: EDGW). National provider of specialty IT services and technology management consulting*
- Meridian Kiosks, LLC – acquisition of King Products & Solutions, Inc. Design, fabrication, assembly, and integration of self-service kiosks
- Quaero Corporation - company sale to CSGS Systems International, Inc. Analytical marketing services including data warehousing and hosted solutions
- PrepChamps, Inc. – sale of select assets to Rock Solid Software LLC. Advanced business-to-consumer digital media technologies and solutions
- Network Communications Technology, Inc. – company sale to Black Box Network Services, Inc. Advanced network infrastructure and communications solutions
- SonaCare Medical, LLC - acquisition of Focus Surgery, Inc. developer/manufacturer of high-intensity focused ultrasound devices for minimally invasive treatment of prostate cancer
- ProductiveGap, Inc. - company sale to Tribridge, Inc. Information technology services and solutions
- nVentive Software Solutions, Inc. – company sale to Blue Sky Factory, Inc. E-mail marketing software and solutions.
*D. Gilroy provided advisory support throughout sale process as Fullscope investor and Board liaison