Capital Raise Services
Scale Finance offers unique core competencies in helping companies raise institutional growth capital in the form of working capital facilities, asset-based loans, term loans, subordinate debt, growth equity, or venture capital.
We focus on $1 – $25 million financings of growth companies and leverage close and often personal relationships within the specialty finance, commercial lending, mezzanine, private equity, and venture capital communities.
Scale Finance professionals have extensive experience in corporate finance across a wide array of situations, transaction types, and industry sectors. Uniquely, Scale Finance professionals’ experience spans all angles of transactions:
- Venture Capitalist/ Principal Investor
- Investment Banker/Advisor
- Chief Financial Officer
- Company Owner/Seller
- Corporate Buyer/ VP of Acquisitions
- Transaction Attorney
Scale Finance leverages several unique skills to get growth equity, subdebt, and asset-based financing rounds done:
- Specialists - we are in the commercial credit, specialty lending, private growth equity, and venture capital markets intensively every single day
- Fast entry into capital markets – just several days to pull the trigger, not weeks or months
- Focused sharply on the most logical lead investors - absolutely get best terms market will bear
- Detailed knowledge of specialty lenders, active VCs’ and growth capital firms’ interests (i.e. form of capital, industry/segment focus; capital commitment level; stage of company; geographic preferences; which partners focus on what segments, etc.)
- Organic – our clients are centric in the process (versus heavy intermediation). We don’t get in the way and always feature our client’s brand throughout the process, not ours
- Sound strategy and unmatched process leadership – flexible support with highly custom/tailored process. Our processes are led by highly experienced former principal investors and lenders
- Best financial due diligence and legal support leverage available – with our in-house CFOs, Controllers, and former transaction attorney
- “Right-costing” – retainer tied to scope; largely success-based fees.
Free initial consultations – allow us to provide a confidential, professional perspective on your company’s situation.
Closed Capital Raise Transactions
- Cell Phone Repair Franchise Systems, Inc. - undisclosed senior debt bridge financing. National provider of on-premises repair solutions for cell phones, tablets, and other electronic devices with over 120 stores
- Wellness Corporate Solutions, Inc. – undisclosed growth capital financing in the form of senior debt. State-of-the-art corporate wellness company providing high-touch wellness programs emphasizing health education and behavior change
- Trident Marketing – $6.5 million senior debt financing with First Bancorp. Leading provider of technology-based customer generation services for major brands
- Culmen International, LLC -$12 million senior debt financing with Fulton Financial Corporation. Global provider of security and specialty project management services to the US government
- T1 Visions, LLC – $3 million equity financing with undisclosed investors. Leading provider of large format touchscreens for multi-user applications in corporate, education, healthcare, and retail markets
- Northwest Companies, Inc – $2.6 million subordinate and senior debt financing with Decathlon Alpha and CertusBank. National provider of SaaS-driven management services meeting the exterior facilities maintenance needs of large companies.
- The Coupon Doc, Inc. - undisclosed convertible debt financing with Great Oaks Venture Capital and angel investors. Innovative internet based source for healthcare coupons and discounts for consumers
- Yodil, Inc. – undisclosed growth equity financing with private group of insurance industry veterans. Software-as-a-Service provider of business intelligence, data analytics, operational reporting to the insurance industry
- AtoZ Companies, Inc. - undisclosed equity and convertible note financing with angel investment group and individuals. Multi-niche online retailer leveraging advanced, analytics-based customer acquisition technologies
- Enveniam, Inc. – major institutional growth financing. Wireless exterior lighting controls software and services
- PlanITROI, Inc. – $4.0 million debt. Leading national IT equipment asset disposition services company
- TruPoint Partners, Inc. - undisclosed strategic equity. Software-as-a-Service compliance solutions for commercial banks and other financial institutions
- Bioptigen, Inc. - $1.5 million equity. In vivo optical imaging device company spun off from Duke University in 2004
- PDQ, LLC – $1.4 million equity and debt. Innovative quick service restaurant chain offering fresh food fast based on unique, focused menu and technology leverage
- F-Origin, Inc - $1.0 million equity follow-on, undisclosed foreign investors. Advanced hardware and software for touchscreen wireless and other devices
- Dormir, Inc.- $4.0 million equity follow-on, Excel Medical Ventures. Healthcare services and respiratory medical equipment distribution
- SonaCare Medical, LLC – $5.0 million senior financing, MMV Financial. Non-intrusive prostate cancer medical devices and facilities-based therapeutic healthcare services
- American Research Institute, Inc. - senior credit facility for working capital with Federal National Payables
- IntePoint, Inc. – senior credit facility for working capital with Fifth Third Bank
- Dormir, Inc. – $8.0 million equity, CHL Medical Partners, Noro-Moseley Partners. Healthcare services and respiratory medical equipment distribution
- US HIFU, LLC - $23.0 million equity, Galen Partners. Non-intrusive prostate cancer medical devices and facilities-based therapeutic healthcare services
- F-Origin, Inc. – $5.0 million equity, PrimeView International, Keynote Ventures. Advanced hardware and software for touchscreen wireless and other devices
- Piedmont Pharmaceuticals LLC – $8.5 million equity, CM Capital, Piedmont Angel Network, high net-worth individuals. Follow-on round of $5 million closed. Specialty pharmaceuticals for human and companion animal health
- Kid Basix, LLC – undisclosed equity, institutional and high net-worth individuals. Follow-on round closed as well. Advanced, safety-enhanced consumer products for children
- Adhezion Biomedical, Inc. – $3.2 million equity, Originate Ventures. Follow-on round closed as well. Liquid adhesive based wound closure applications
- Advanced Detection Technology, Inc. – $1.0 million, Carolina Mills. Physical security hardware and software infrastructure for military and other extremely high security environments.