CFO & Controller Services
Scale Finance offers veteran Chief Financial Officer or Senior Controller or Accountant support on a part-time, interim, or special project basis (e.g. bankruptcies, restructurings, accounting system integration, sales tax, clean-ups). Our clients benefit from getting exactly the right level of professional experience and impact – when they need it and at just the right weekly time commitment (e.g. couple hours per month to 3 – 5 days per week).
Our CFOs and Controllers work on-site with clients, elbows deep in processes, procedures, systems, and people issues. Not “outsourced”, Scale Finance services are actually “insourced”, reflecting our commitment to work seamlessly within client organizations on a low-cost fractional-use basis. We often leverage our Accounting Managers or Staff Accountants, also embedded part-time within client organizations, to ensure the right accounting work is done by the right skill set at lowest possible cost. Free initial consultations – allow us to provide a confidential, professional perspective on your company’s situation.
- Veteran, heavyweight CFO – impact at strategic level
- Flexible – dial-up or down as needed for maximum leverage
- Integrated – strong CFO and/or Controller support is often key to success in raising capital or M&A transactions
- Hands-on, 100% on-site with clients - roll-up sleeves, get-it-done projects.
- Unparalleled cost-effectiveness – based on shared resource structure and leveraging right level of staff accountant support
Standard CFO/Controller Deliverables
We are trusted partners providing financial leadership and support on-site day-to-day with our clients. The following functions should be occurring at your company now and are the deliverables you can expect from our CFOs and Controllers:
- Accurate and timely monthly financial reporting that is “bank ready”
- Accurate and timely regulatory reporting
- Highlighting performance metrics via “dashboards”
- Managing SEC compliance/reporting requirements.
Planning & Analysis
- Formal business valuations (and insight into what drives value)
- Rigorous financial modeling and planning
- Detailed budgets and forecasts
- Performance analysis and benchmarking
- Development of strategic plans with deep understanding of underlying economics.
- Cash management, e.g. 13-week forward cash flow forecast
- Oversight and training of existing and new Company accounting personnel
- Management of customer credit, payment history, and risk profile
- Oversight of administrative areas such as purchasing, invoicing, and personnel
- Re-financings, capital raises, and mergers/acquisitions.
Systems & Processes
- Implementing stronger internal controls and systems to ensure disciplined monthly closing cycles
- Transitioning to new accounting software
- Oversight and management of information systems.
Trusted Financial Advisors
- Strategic knowledge and insight
- Compensation planning and management option plans
- Review of financially important contracts and terms
- Key senior management team member, yet independent and unbiased
- Transition planning.
Lenders & Investors
- Preparing and negotiating loan packages
- Serving as Company CFO for investor relations, external marketing (e.g. management team on website).
- Conducting financial due diligence around deals
- Fast clean-up of problem situations.