- CFO & Director of Scale Finance LLC – Provider of CFO, Controller, and Business Valuation services for the Triangle region and throughout the southeast. Director of Valuations practice
- Chief Financial Officer, Jones & Frank, Inc. – Raleigh-based value added distributor and service organization in the energy infrastructure arena for retail and commercial outlets from Maine to Florida. Owned by a Private Equity firm. Acquired three companies, increased operating results and sold business with a successful exit. Revenue of $122M
- Chief Financial Officer, Carolina Handling, LLC – Charlotte-based large regional forklift service and distributor. $120M in revenue. Implemented ERP software and full blown dashboard. Reduced working capital and decreased debt while business grew
- Chief Financial Officer, Alemite, LLC – Owned by a Private Equity firm. Reduced costs through lean practices, invested in automation, increased financial reporting, increased revenue which lead to increased operating profits and sold the business for over 4X return
- President & Chief Financial Officer, Rauch Industries – $80M consumer products owned by a Private Equity firm. Sold off non-operating assets, reduced cycle times, improved quality and reduced costs and set up JV for China operation. Decreased working capital in half, Sold the business to a competitor for 3.2X return. Implemented ERP update
- General Manager & Chief Financial Officer, Accuma, Inc. – Large plastic injection molding with various plant operations. Raised senior debt of $25M
- VP/Controller, Tietex, Inc. – Large technical textile manufacturer with operations in US and Asia. Implemented ERP, acquired two companies, spun off a division and raised senior of $80M
- Chief Financial Officer, Thorlo, Inc. – Large sports specific consumer brand manufacturer with multi operations. Created a JV in Europe, implemented ERP and raised senior debt of $20M for industrial revenue bonds
- BA Accounting, NC State – 1981
- 2 years of Post grad work on MS Accounting, Appalachian State University
- CPA certificate (active) in North Carolina
- Certified Management Accountant, Certified in Financial Management – From IMA
- Accredited in Business Valuations – from AICPA
Mr. Rowe is Director of Valuations for Scale Finance. He has over 10 years of experience providing clients on their valuation needs and advising clients on mergers and acquisitions, valuations, financings, and assessing strategic alternatives.
Before joining Scale Finance, Mr. Rowe served as an Associate and Director at Equity Valuations, LLC for over five years as well served as CFO and/or CEO for numerous companies that were owned by private equity firms. These companies resulted in five transactions in a successful sale of the company.
Mr. Rowe earned a B. A. in accounting from North Carolina State University and performed M.S. in accounting post graduate at Appalachian State University. He completed an executive development program at Michigan State University. Mr. Rowe has completed valuation coursework from the AICPA, ASA, AMA and USPAP.
He is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) as well as Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) from the AICPA. He is in the process of receiving the Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) certification from the American Society of Appraisers. Mr. Rowe is also a Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and Certified in Financial Management (CFM) designation holder from the Institute of Management Accountants. He recently was awarded his Certified Global Management Accountant (CGMA) from the AICPA. He has spoken at numerous conferences and published in Strategic Finance, Mr. Rowe serves on the Editorial Board for the Cost Management.